Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Maps


Here's a recent spread for February's Issue of Field & Stream illustrating why right now may be the best deer hunting ever. I have a confession to make – I love illustrating maps. There's something about it as an artist, possibly wired in us from the cartographers of the past. Not that I'm related to any of my knowledge. If I was though, I'd be one of the first in line to ship off to new lands with my brushes and parchment. The trip would be short lived, since I'd probably get thrown off for paying more attention to the water then the land, hiding any place that looked like a good fishing spot.


Other happenings; I have a new portfolio site in progress and close to completion. It will feature a lot of new work, as well as sketchbook area and a few motion graphics. It's long overdue.

No comments: