Tuesday, June 22, 2010

July's Accuracy Issue


I've had the pleasure to work on this year's accuracy issue for July's copy of Field & Stream. It's my third consecutive accuracy issue and one of my favorite assignments of the year for both the challenge of the subject and displaying it in a clean, smart way.

This July, Field & Stream took a huge leap in interacting with their audience through the page
s of their magazine, by creating something readers can take out into the field and shoot... and yes, I mean physically shoot with a rifle. Lucky enough, I was able to team-up with their talented design team and create the target as part of the overall package. It's not easy to make something that says "I *heart*" anything look manly, but I think this really came together great in the end. Hopefully the readers feel the same.

Here's what New York Times had to say about the spread: http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05/31/d
ear-readers-go-ahead-and-shoot/

For kicks here are accuracy issues of the past. July, 2009 spread illustrates accuracy expert David Petzal's rifle-range challenge:
In July of 2008, we dug into the "Accuracy Revolution", and illustrated what a hunter needs to understand to take shots that count in the field:

No comments: